Early stages of objects completed tested

Banner
The image above is of my mini completed pieces that I’ve done over  past few months and just before Christmas to find ways how I wanted    my show in the our degree show to look other shows i have also done such as Events Day and the Sate of Art Show.   I finally now  reached a verdict of the Test  towards a bigger pieces.

From the pictures below it will show the images with mini descriptions `and my thoughts about them.

Bird cage filled with rubbish

Where I modified by reorganizing the bird cage a little bit by adding the gluing of the ripped pages from my old books then adding half of the strings around the frames of the bird cage until I could not anymore; the strings got so tangled that I thought maybe it’s better half-finished as this is supposed to be more rubbish art.

As for the inside of the bird cage, I filled up of random objects and things to make it look as if rubbish in a bird cage as if it’s an abandonment out of control trash that has been built up in a trap or cage seeming like depression. I thought maybe if it were to be used as some sort of lighting as something dramatic, by hanging it up on a ceiling; shadows may reveal a new level. This, I decided, I’ll develop further another time.

Bird cage filled with rubbish Where I modified by reorganising the bird cage a little bit by adding the gluing of the ripped pages from my old books then adding half of the strings around the frames of the bird cage until I could not anymore; the strings got so tangled that I thought maybe it’s better half-finished as this is supposed to be more rubbish art.  As for the inside of the bird cage, I filled up of random objects and things to make it look as if rubbish in a bird cage as if it’s an abandonment out of control trash that has been built up in a trap or cage seeming like depression. I thought maybe if it were to be used as some sort of lighting as something dramatic, by hanging it up on a ceiling; shadows may reveal a new level. This, I decided, I’ll develop further another time.
Untitled

Random paper, plastic, and magazines rolled up and stacked in the glass jar. White paint (matt) poured into the glass jar and stuck onto the recycling wooded board just to make it more modern perhaps. I find this is weak but this is still processing one step at a time

5N9A9997

Trash in boxed  frames

My next pieces are the magazine ripped up and put in a box frame. I like the way that it changes from trash to something artsy in a frame.

The rubbish in the box creates a different point of view when the front and back are sitting on the table, although it could hang on the wall as well. I’ve made few of them and put on the wall in the action space in which I’ll discuss later. However, I think as I want to make a project about trash arts I feels as if this is too artsy but definitely, this could in theory be made and sold or encourage more about ways to recycle instead of wasting it by throwing it into the bin with the things you can’t recycle. However the photos on the left side is just a test for the portfolio.

boxed frames
Top: is Front View of Box Frame and bottom is side View of frame.

Puzzle Stacking

I’ve explore other mixed media of the puzzles in which I had one going. I might do something different than it – it just came to me to just stack them up and glue them together. So one for standards, by simply stacking and PVA gluing on top of my old basic wooded stand from the CDs or DVDs shelves.  Another of my old simple VHS box set of Laurel and Hardy repainted added with paper from books, a stand, and stacked in a box like a city. The fallen one represents the one of the falling building. For future reference, I’m interested to build on a bigger scale with many more puzzles to make it bigger for my next exhibition later this year.

stacking
‘Puzzle stacking: standard and landscape city in a box. ‘

Ceramic room test

For the two of them, I did a test in the ceramic room and had a go of combining my rubbish and plaster. Because of my inspiration of Jack Henry who made the bigger version than this but mixed other stuff that stuck rubbish together; such as cement, domestic plaster etc.  So what if I tried it without the colored paints but use plasters to combine with my rubbish in which I tested them out as you see in the  photos. The first try was with the cds but to me it seem too clean as I poured it into a block, so one the next trials I splatted it with my hands on a small piece looking a lot more junky and I’m pleased with the results. I like it better because it looks more trashy yet arty at the same time. So I thought as for the end of ODS , I’d make bigger version and make as many more as I can. On the next blog, I’ll show in documents how I made it the way I did.

Studio
Left: clean with cds tops  right: rough showing rubbish
stuido photoshoot
The image above shows the items layed out  of my finished test project for the portfolio. Photo shoot.

 

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.